You live in Texas which means hail and windstorm season is just around the corner. Spring is the best time of year to remind your clients of some easy steps they can take to protect their vehicles from storm-related damage:
- Familiarize yourself with weather conditions that may generate hailstorms.
- Pull cars, boats, motorcycles, RVs and ATVs into the garage or under covered parking before the storm arrives.
- If you must leave your vehicles parked outside, consider covering them with a hail-resistant cover or securing thick blankets over the hood, roof, and trunk.
- If you’re driving during a hail storm take refuge under a covered place such as an awning.
- If no shelter is available pull safely off the highway to the side of the road. Be sure to keep a safe distance away from windows to avoid personal injury.